Exceptional open-ended questions can lead to amazing new levels of thought.
Led a team of 5 Global Sales Trainers and Coaches that supported North America, Asia and the European sales teams’ sales skill advancement. Measured the impact of training.
• Create ongoing strategies and plans, training 60 front-line and senior sales leaders in effective coaching to drive sustainable performance results within 650 member sales staff.
• Built influential relationships with senior leadership, providing feedback and guidance on team performance and curriculum to close knowledge gaps.
• Developed customized onboarding programs for Global Account Management Team and Sales Specialist organizations focused on developing new C-level relationships.
• Forged trusted, confidential coaching relationship with Global Sales Executives for over 80 hours of coaching that drove new C-level relationships within 40 global sales accounts.
Developed and executed performance improvement and coaching to enable the North American Sales growth strategy. Furthered sales skills to improve team members’ proficiency in creating new demand and capturing opportunities.
• Developed and facilitated sales training curriculum for 650 sales team members and leaders resulting in 65% of participants penetrating new organizations, 72% calling on new titles, opening doors for new sales discussions and 37% increasing the value of the sales opportunity.
• Leveraged psycho-metric talent assessments to understand current and potential skills and skill gaps for 650 associates, providing talent development coaching to 60 sales leaders.
• Coached 222 team members for over 1,400 hours in trusted advisor selling methodology creating demand and mitigating opportunity vulnerability.
• Trained leaders to further coaching, resulting in $14M revenue increase and 19.5% improvement on team member performance.
Certified Internal Lead Coach to interpet Revenue Storm's Talent Assessments and Competency Models.
Used to identify current and potential selling skills and an individual's attributes.
Can be leveraged for creating development plans, candidate selection, creating centers of excellence and a coaching tool.
Developed lead management system to route over 70K leads per quarter to the sales force. Built lead nurturing and marketing automation system to prioritize the leads and nurture contacts not ready to purchase.
• Business owner of the Savvion lead management and Eloqua marketing automation tools that drove a 23.4% increase in revenue and an increase of customer satisfaction index to 78.6%
• Created strategic vision for tools, gathering investments to support tool roadmap.
Guided organization on rules of engagement and sales policy to reduce channel conflict and ensure sales effectiveness. Instituted policy automation system to move documents through the policy lifecycle.
• Served as strategic thought leader, providing insight and clear direction on policies and Rules of Engagement that governed North American Sales force.
• Challenged status quo, improving processes by developing policies which addressed special circumstances effectively.
• Audited new business sales ensuring appropriate sales channel received revenue recognition and to helping identify lead routing gaps/issues.
• Arbitrated channel conflicts by providing clear, consistent and timely direction. Provided objective, consistent and timely guidance on channel conflicts, arbitrating transfer of quota on 25+ customer mergers and acquisitions.
• Drove project for lead management system and new business strategy of organization, increasing lead generation from hundreds per year to more than 70k leads per quarter.
Front-line sales leader driving team member performance and revenue growth in the New England Middle Market.
• Developed year-long business plan growing $10M sales quota by 12% annually; 2005, 2006, and 2007 winner for achieving results over 100% of target.
• Forecast revenue growth numbers weekly to senior leadership, ensuring revenue targets were met and enabling revenue re-investment into the business.
• Recruited, developed, and grew team of 8 sales and support associates responsible for $7.5 million in revenue, providing on-road coaching assistance to team members.
• Designed and implemented specialized workshop curriculum for U.S. Middle Market support associates, driving increased knowledge in data gathering, enhancement, and matching to increase customer satisfaction results
Further Dun & Bradstreet’s reach and revenue growth through the use of third party alliance partners.
• Aided in expansion and renewal of 3rd-party distribution opportunities, representing over $39M in revenue.
• Negotiated and implemented non-standard 3rd-party distribution and content licensing opportunities for global content which allowed incorporation of data into new solutions.
• Developed and implemented standard alliance packages utilized by internal sales organizations which reduced headquarters’ level of involvement in non-strategic opportunities, allowing sales associates to come to agreement with 3rd-party licenses quickly and efficiently.
Effective training is when training meets the development needs identified and drives the company's objectives.
The books, TED talks, seminars, publications and Internet research listed are just some of the resources that inspire me.